When it comes to keeping our homes or businesses functional, one aspect that often gets overlooked is the plumbing system. The drains are an essential component of the plumbing system, and when they become clogged or damaged, it can cause a lot of inconvenience and even damage to the property. That’s where a drain plumber comes in. In this article, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about drain plumbers.
2. What is a Drain Plumber?
A drain plumber is a professional who specializes in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of drain pipes and fixtures. They are trained to handle various types of drains, including kitchen drains, bathroom drains, sewer drains, and stormwater drains.
3. When to Call a Drain Plumber
While some drain issues can be resolved with a plunger or a drain cleaner, others require the services of a drain plumber. Here are some situations when you should call a drain plumber:
• When the water in your sink or shower is slow to drain
• When there’s a foul smell coming from your drain
• When your toilet won’t flush properly
• When your basement is flooding
• When your pipes are making strange noises
• When you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls
4. Signs that You Need a Drain Plumber
Some signs that indicate that you need to call a drain plumber include:
• Frequent drain clogs
• Gurgling sounds coming from your drains
• Water backing up into your sink or shower
• Slow draining water
• Foul odors coming from your drains
• Low water pressure
5. Tools and Equipment Used by Drain Plumbers
Drain plumbers use various tools and equipment to diagnose and fix drain issues. These include:
• Drain snakes or augers
• Video cameras
• Drain cleaners
• Pipe cutters
• Pipe wrenches
6. Types of Drain Pipes
There are several types of drain pipes, including:
PVC (polyvinyl chloride) pipes
ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) pipes
Cast iron pipes
Galvanized steel pipes
7. Common Causes of Drain Blockages
Drain blockages can be caused by various factors, including:
• Accumulation of hair and soap scum in bathroom drains
• Grease buildup in kitchen drains
• Flushing inappropriate materials down the toilet, such as wet wipes, sanitary products, and dental floss
• Tree root invasion of underground pipes
• Poor pipe installation or maintenance
8. How to Prevent Drain Blockages
Prevention is always better than cure, and the same applies to drain blockages. Here are some tips on how to prevent drain blockages:
Dispose of cooking oil and grease in the trash
Use drain strainers to catch hair and other debris
Avoid flushing non-degradable items down the toilet
Regularly clean your drains using natural or commercial drain cleaners
Avoid pouring harsh chemicals down your drains
Schedule regular drain cleaning and maintenance services
9. What Happens During a Drain Cleaning Service?
During a drain cleaning service, a drain plumber will use specialized tools and equipment to remove any blockages and restore proper water flow. Here’s what happens during a typical drain cleaning service:
The plumber will inspect the drain using a video camera to identify the location and cause of the blockage.
If necessary, the plumber will use a drain snake or auger to break up and remove the blockage.
For more stubborn blockages, the plumber may use a hydro-jetter to blast high-pressure water into the drain to clear out debris.
After the blockage has been removed, the plumber will inspect the drain again to ensure that it’s functioning correctly.
10. Drain Repair Services
In addition to cleaning drains, a drain plumber can also provide repair services for damaged drain pipes or fixtures. Some common drain repair services include:
• Fixing leaks or cracks in pipes
• Repairing damaged drain fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, or showers
• Replacing damaged or outdated drain pipes
• Installing new drain fixtures or pipes
11. How Much Does a Drain Plumber Cost?
The cost of hiring a drain plumber can vary depending on various factors, such as the severity of the issue, the location of the property, and the time of day or week. On average, homeowners can expect to pay between $100 and $500 for drain cleaning services, while drain repair services can cost anywhere from $150 to $1,500 or more.
12. How to Find the Right Drain Plumber
When it comes to finding the right drain plumber, here are some tips to keep in mind:
• Look for licensed and insured plumbers
• Check online reviews and ratings from previous customers
• Ask for referrals from friends or family members
• Get multiple quotes from different plumbers to compare prices and services
• Check for warranties or guarantees on the work performed
13. Questions to Ask a Drain Plumber
When hiring a drain plumber, it’s essential to ask the right questions to ensure that you’re getting the best service possible. Here are some questions to consider asking:
What kind of experience do you have in drain cleaning and repair?
What type of equipment and tools do you use?
Do you offer warranties or guarantees on your work?
What is your pricing structure?
Are you licensed and insured?
Can you provide references or testimonials from previous customers?
14. Benefits of Hiring a Professional Drain Plumber
There are several benefits to hiring a professional drain plumber, including:
• Saving time and effort by letting the professionals handle the job
• Preventing further damage to your plumbing system
• Getting the job done right the first time
• Ensuring the safety of your property and family
• Having access to specialized tools and equipment
• Receiving expert advice on how to prevent future drain issues
In conclusion, drain plumbers play a crucial role in ensuring the proper functioning of our plumbing systems. From cleaning clogged drains to repairing damaged pipes, they have the knowledge, skills, and tools to handle various drain issues. If you’re experiencing any drain problems, don’t hesitate to call a professional drain plumber to get the issue resolved quickly and efficiently.
How often should I get my drains cleaned?
Can I clean my drains myself?
How long does a drain cleaning service take?
Will a drain cleaning service damage my pipes
Check out our “Us Vs Them” page. See how our drain plumbers are 1/2 the price of the other guys. Learn why they need to charge so much. It’s enlightening.
$94 drain cleaning. Main Sewers Lines, Kitchen Sinks, Bathtubs, one low price seven days a week. Stop getting gouged by big other big city plumbing companies. Local is better.
Connect with us!
*$94 drain special applies to owner occupied, single family residential homes only.
DRAIN PLUMBERS IN MN & DRAIN CLEANING SPECIALISTS
We do it all... Call Today!
If you need a drain service, contact Discount Plumbers at 612-503-4560. We are located in Minneapolis but service 65 surrounding metro areas. We provide plumbers near me services as well as emergency plumbers 24/7.Discount Plumbers® Minneapolis also offers a dedicated team of qualified professional, licensed plumbers ready to help with your faucets, toilets, garbage disposal, water heater and tub/shower valve issues. Our drain clean specials can’t be beat by any other plumber or rooter companies and we provide rapid response for your clogged drain, clogged toilet, clogged main line, sewer repair or even sump pump repair. Contact us today for $94 Drain Clean and Plumber services in the Minneapolis area.